The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, SPHMMC, kindly invites all qualifying candidates to apply for a maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) fellowship for the year 2020.
Background and General Information
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, SPHMMC, as mandated by the Academic commission of the college has started a maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) fellowship program in 2014 GC. The primary goal of this fellowship is to produce physicians who are competent clinicians, trainers, researchers, advocates and leaders in all issues related to maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) care and broader reproductive health.
It is a minimum of two-year program at the end of which candidates will become subspecialists in maternal-fetal medicine (MFM). The training will involve clinical attachments, didactic trainings (seminars, tutorials, and journals), attachments abroad, and taking a supervisory role in training of residents, undergraduate medical students and related in service trainings. Fellows are also expected to conduct high standard research in MFM as part of a requirement for completion of the fellowship. Through SPHMMC international partnerships, the maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) fellowship includes lectures, clinical and research training, and mentorship by visiting/attending faculty who are global leaders in the field.
Two fellowship position is available for enrollment beginning October 19, 2020 G.C.
- The candidate should be graduate from a recognized Medical School with Doctor of Medicine and specialty in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- The candidate must complete as screening process for admission to be conducted by the SPHMMC Obstetrics and Gynecology department.
- The candidate should produce two recommendation letters from their teachers or supervisors of their respective specialty training.
- Candidates must be citizens or residents of Ethiopia.
- The candidate should be registered and licensed to practice obstetrics and gynecology by the relevant authority in Ethiopia.
- The candidate should have adequate mental and physical health.
Queries regarding the fellowship can be addressed to the fellowship program director Dr. Abdulfetah Abdulkadir (email : email@example.com, phone : 0911205760) or head of the department Dr.Tadesse Urgie (email : firstname.lastname@example.org , Phone: 0924352135).
All interested applicants can apply in person to the office of the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology OR on email email@example.com from the date of announcement until September 25, 2020. Interview for short listed candidates will be done on October 6, 2020.
Applicants should write a letter of intent of no more than 750 words explaining why they are interested in the fellowship, how this will impact their career, and their long term professional goals.
Applicants should submit application letter, letter of intent, recent CV, and copy of credentials including copies of degree, student grade report, and two letters of recommendation in a sealed envelope. Application may be submitted by paper in person to the registrar directly or electronically as attached scanned documents if submitted by e-mail.