St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College (SPHMMC)
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Announcement for enrollment to different Fellowship programs
The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, SPHMMC, kindly invites all qualifying candidates to apply for maternal fetal medicine, gynecologic oncology, reproductive endocrinology and infertility, and family planning fellowship programs for the year 2021/2022 G.C.
Background and General Information
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, SPHMMC, as mandated by the Academic Commission of the college has started the above mentioned fellowship programs at different academic years. The primary goal of these fellowship programs is to produce physicians who are competent clinicians, trainers, researchers, advocates and leaders in all issues related to respective sub-specialty disciplines and broader reproductive health
These are a minimum of two years programs at the end of which candidates will become subspecialists in respective fellowship programs. The training will involve clinical attachments, deductive training (seminars, tutorials, online lectures, research training and mentorship ), with possible attachments abroad depending on the availability of financial resources (on a competitive basis, attending various local and international relevant conferences, and taking a supervisory role in the training of residents, undergraduate medical students and related in-service training. Family planning Fellows will be given an opportunity to earn a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree, through sponsored enrollment into extension MPH program at SPHMMC. Fellows are also expected to conduct high-standard research in their respective programs as part of a requirement for completion of the fellowship.
Tentative time of enrollment
- September 2021 for family planning fellowship
- November 2021 for maternal fetal medicine, gynecologic oncology , reproductive endocrinology, and infertility
Two fellowship positions are available for enrollment ineach program Additional positions can be considered for FP program through south-to-south collaboration.
- The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized Medical School with a Doctor of Medicine and specialty in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- The candidate must complete the screening process for admission to be conducted by the SPHMMC Obstetrics and Gynecology department.
- The candidate should produce two recommendation letters from their respective institutions.
- The candidate should be registered and licensed to practice obstetrics and gynecology by the relevant authority in Ethiopia.
- The candidate should have adequate mental and physical health.
- Female applicants are encouraged.
Queries regarding the fellowship can be addressed to Birhan Wale , +251923044123 , Dr. Abdulfetah via email (email@example.com) or Dr. Delayehu Bekele via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All interested applicants can apply in person to the registrar’s office at St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College OR at the office of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology OR by email email@example.com from the date of announcement until August 15, 2021. Applicants should write a letter of intent of no more than 750 words explaining why they are interested in the fellowship, how this will impact their career, and their long term professional goals.
Applicants should submit their application letter, letter of intent, recent CV, and copy of credentials including copies of degree, student grade report, and two letters of recommendation in a sealed envelope. Application may be submitted by paper in person to the registrar directly or electronically as attach scanned documents if submitted by e-mail.