Institution: ST. PAUL INSTITUTE FOR REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH AND RIGHTS
Role : Project coordinator on Gender-Based Violence (GBV) care
Project Period: 1 year
Job Title: GBV coordinator
St. Paul Institute for Reproductive Health and Rights (SPIRHR) is established with the vision of delivering of effective and quality Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights programs through ensuring implementation of the program in the most efficient and effective way within educational institution. The project is proposed to increase access to care of GBV survivors is a one-year project that aims to increase access through task-sharing of evaluation and management of survivors by non-physician providers. Health centers are staffed with midlevel health professionals. The program will introduce a task-sharing initiative from Gynecologists to mid-level health professionals. It also equips the facilities with the necessary logistics required for the care of sexual assault survivors.
The GBV Coordinator will facilitate and coordinate the implementation of GBV task sharing GCC project. The coordinator will closely monitor activity implementation schedule, progress. He/She will be responsible to regularly update SPIRHR to discuss/update project progress and provide an update to Technical team members of project.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct desk review on current GBV status within the country- preparation of ongoing situation reports, periodic updates and analyses, by compiling and analyzing data, and related information on overall GBV within the country, with a specific focus on the GBV challenges identified by the project
- Identify relevant and existing stakeholders and their respective program/initiative on GBV for collaboration
- Coordinate the launching and sensitization workshop with MOH and other relevant stakeholders
- Develop tools and conduct a baseline assessment at the facilities that are selected for the innovation project
- Support in the procurements of essential materials for the GBV evaluation and management units at the selected health facilities
- Make appropriate inventory of the materials procured for the health facilities to ensure that the materials are used for the purpose they are availed
- Contribute in the development of the work plan and follow up implementation of activities
- Plan and organize trainings for midlevel health professionals who will be involved in the implementation of the project at the selected health facilities
- Provide supportive supervision in coordination with senior gynecologists at SPHMMC
- Ensure service related data are recorded for monitoring and evaluation purpose
- Coordinate staff meetings and ensure minutes and reports are shared in a timely manner.
- Closely work with MOH and relevant regional health Bureaus in aligning the activities of the project with existing the policies and guideline
Qualifications and other requirements:
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualifications:
- 1st degree in medicine, nurse, health officer, midwifery and MSc in public health or other related fields
- Minimum four years of experience in coordinating and implementation of programs
- Experience working with NGO.
- Understand organization administration policies for smooth implementation of the project.
- Experience in managing and implementation of GBV national programs.
- Experience in working with the Ministry of health and other relevant stakeholders
- Excellent English communication skill is desirable
- As the site of the project implementation is in Oromia region, basic communication skill in Affan Oromo is an asset
- Female applicants are encouraged.
Applicant should submit CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O.Box 16970 on or before March 25, 2022 with the subject “GBV task-sharing’’.